Pcounter is a print tracking and accounting software that enables organisations to assign costs to projects, departments, students, client account codes or simply monitor the usage on network printers. This application integrates accounting, load balancing and queue management into a single cross-platform interface which works with both Microsoft Windows and Novell NetWare networks simultaneously.
Running on the one or multiple print servers, Pcounter tracks all printing activity and provides various functionalities to calculate, reallocate and visualize printing expenses.
“Pcounter embedded” creates a seamless interface between the Pcounter server application and bizhub MFPs. Due to Konica Minolta ’s own OpenAPI technology copy activity is tracked just as easily as print activity, making Pcounter the complete accounting solution for any environment. A flawless work-flow for both the administrator and the MFP user.
- Pcounter Web Cashier PWC serves as an addon for easy and flexible monitoring and cash collection.
- Pcounter Web Reports PWR is an additional module offering a range of features for control ling and graphical overview.
It is very useful to integrate user authentication into interfaces the users are familiar with. The integration of the Pcounter authentication menu into the device panel is an important step forward to advanced usability and fast and streamlined user logins.
Pcounter embedded for Konica Minolta is a module for the Pcounter server application that enables the central control of MFP displays for authentication and account data exchange. It embeds Secure Print and Accounting features into the display of Konica Minolta bizhub devices. Serving as a direct link between the devices and the Pcounter server software it is also a straightforward alternative to external accounting interfaces such as authentication terminals. Using bizhub OpenAPI technology, authentication data is directly verified with the central database, central client codes are provided and print jobs can be securely released on any supported device – real Follow-me-printing.
- Automatic server authentication via the bizhub device panel
- Integrated real-time copy and print accounting
- Immediate user credit updating according to central Pcounter server application cost policy
- Different authentication modes (user name/user name + password/ID number/ ID number + PIN) as well as Follow-Me and Secure Printing
- Verified individual output limits, user access rights and client code selection for each print and copy session
- Convenient management of all Pcounter embedded devices, licenses and software maintenance due to additional console inside the Pcounter application
- Central control and registration of all embedded Pcounter devices via the Pcounter interface
- Quick adaptation and user convenience due to integration into well known bizhub device
- Complete up-to-date cost efficiency control of all copy and print activities
- Secure printouts for confidential output of crucial documents
- Additional costs for external hardware terminals becoming oblivious
- Fast and easy installation for instant use
- Complete and effortless integration into any printer and copier system
- Efficient print accounting and monitoring
- Central control over evolving print costs make own calculations and separate checking of all individual printer counters unnecessary
- Cost tracking and recovery due to central copy output control
- Enabling redeployment of print fleet according to accurate information about the actual performance of any output device
- Efficient user output limit management
- Addressing the “green” issue faced by all companies by reducing waste
- Seamless authentication path from any individual user or user group to the Pcounter interface via Pcounter embedded